Thursday, June 2, 2011

New Job/ Internship!

I spent what felt like {FOREVER} searching for an internship that would be {PERFECT} for me. After numerous interviews, turning offers down, and being selfish by wanting a paid internship, I FOUND ONE!

I have now been working for a couple of weeks at an
{adolescent girls treatment center!}

What do I do there? Hang out with the girls. Whatever they are doing (watching a movie, swimming, sitting and chatting, etc...) I do. So really, I get paid to hangout.


This job/internship is nothing short of an adventure from day to day. Here are a few things that I have gotten to experience in my short time at the center...

  • Girl ripping chunks of hair out.
  • Girl going missing.
  • Being told I'm "not making friends" because I told girls to go to bed... 15 minutes after they were supposed to.
  • Being told I should become a regular staff so I can be there more often. (Wahoo! I think they like me!)
  • Learning I am grateful for enjoying my teenage years.
  • Getting to learn how to put girls in holds/restrain them.
  • Strip searches
  • And the list could go on........................
While most of the stuff should terrify me/make me freak out/make me want to quit.... It actually makes me enjoy the job more, because I know that
{I can make a difference.}

3 comments:

  1. you are amazing:) I would looooove to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! sounds like an exciting job. is this something you'd want to do as a career?

    ReplyDelete