Monday, July 23, 2012

It's a....

{GIRL!}

We decided to pay the extra money for the early detection at 16 weeks, and while we realize waiting until 20 weeks would be more accurate... the ultrasound tech was pretty darn confident that we're having a baby girl. (Baby girl was very open with us.... so... we're pretty sure, too ;) 

Since we've found out, all I do is think about decorating a nursery. I even had a dream about it last night. I just can't help it. Too bad we're moving right before baby girl is born so I won't actually HAVE a nursery to decorate for awhile... but until then, I'll plan :) 

Here is what I have been thinking... grey and yellow.

This, with a cute yellow flower. Also, I'm obsessed with chevron.
A chevron patterned bumper, and RUFFLES. LOVE.
 This is just cute and girly, and can't be TOO hard to make :)

 Maybe I'll make some cute pillows...
 Or a wreath.
 Or maybe this wreath.
 This nursery will DEFINITELY have some ruffles going on somewhere.
I LOVE the chevron wall. And I'm also loving the bits of coral and blue....
I love the pom-poms above the crib!
 CHEVRON!
 And I am a huge fan of how the name is done here. Only, our cute baby girls will say LILLIA :) 

So... grey, yellow, white... and should I add in some coral? Blue?

5 comments:

  1. Love it all! You are more than welcome to come & decorate my house while you wait for December to roll around:) Congrats on the baby & the fact that she's a girl so you can have the desired name;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Did you know we named our recent addition Alillia? I love just about any variation with Lilly in it :D Also, good luck making all of that stuff before baby is born, it's all super cute! I didn't finish anything except a blanket before this last one and then we moved. Boo :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I was the same way with Blake's nursery! We ended up buying a house right before we had him, so the nursery didn't get done until last minute! I love your ideas though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do the main colors the yellows, greys, and whites and then as you go you can decide on accents of blue and corral if they'll fit in. I think they'll be cute.

    So as far as ruffles go, I found some awesome fabric with ruffles. All different colors and sizes. You know my white tank I wear under the pink cardigan (the one I'm wearing in family pics)? Well, they have that exact fabric and I think I'm going to use it for my windows. It's expensive (between $17 and $22), but if you use a coupon it's much better. And cute. And makes it easy. I might use them for the crib skirt too.

    Love the chevron! Doing that on the walls will be a pain, but would be worth it if you were able. But adding chevron on canvas will work just as well. Oh, chevron fabric is around $11 at the same store (you need to come visit me and we'll go).

    Focus on a crib skirt before bumpers. Bumpers aren't necessary and can be unsafe (though we all survived through them). It is cute without the bumpers if you decide not to do them.

    We need to make that first project together. I'm in love! And you're really good at flowers.

    Also, I created my family history fan and there are multiple Lily's in our family. No Emma's or Emily's in either mine or Joel's. Darn. We like to use family names. You and Jenn have the same middle name though, so we might be using that for the middle :).

    (I think our thoughts are kind of on the same things these days ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an adorable name. Congrats on a baby girl!

    ReplyDelete